EnergyOnline
Services

RSS FEED

EnergyOnline.com rss

News

FirstEnergy Solutions Files Certification Letter with NRC Affirming Plan to Close Nearly 4,050 MW of Nuclear Generating Facilities

LCG, April 26, 2018--FirstEnergy Solutions (FES), a competitive generation subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp., yesterday announced that it has filed a Certification Letter with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) formally notifying the Commission of its decision to permanently deactivate its nuclear power plants over the next three years, citing "severe economic challenges." When the closures are combined, the reduction will total 4,048 MW of carbon-free, electric generating capacity. In 2017, the nuclear units contributed approximately 65 percent of the electricity produced by the FES generating fleet.

Read more

Alliant Energy to Install More Wind Farms in Iowa

LCG, April 19, 2018--Alliant Energy's Iowa utility subsidiary, Interstate Power and Light Company (IPL), received approval to increase its wind expansion program from the Iowa Utilities Board (IUB). Through this expansion, combined with existing wind farms and market purchases, the company expects wind to provide approximately one-third of its total electric generating capacity in Iowa by the end of 2020.

Read more

Industry News

Innergex and BlackRock Announce Commercial Operation of the 200 MW Flat Top Wind Farm in Texas

LCG, March 28, 2018--Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. and BlackRock Real Assets announced the commissioning on March 23, 2018, of the 200-MW, Flat Top wind farm located in central Texas.

The Flat Top wind farm includes 100 Vestas V110 wind turbines that each have a nameplate capacity of 2.0 MW. Vestas will operate the wind farm under a 10-year operation and maintenance contract.The wind farm is located in Comanche and Mills Counties.

Innergex holds a 51 percent interest in the wind farm, which was acquired on February 6, 2018, as part of the acquisition of Alterra Power Corp. A fund managed by BlackRock Real Assets holds the remaining 49 percent. Alterra Power Corp. acquired the project in June 2016.

The President and Chief Executive Officer of Innergex stated,
"Innergex is proud to continue its core mission with the commissioning of another reliable, affordable, clean and renewable energy facility that will play a part in addressing global climate change. The commissioning of our second wind farm in Texas is a significant milestone in our strategy as we aim to increase our presence in the United States where we intend to bring more high-quality projects online in a near future."

"We are very pleased to invest in the Flat Top wind farm on behalf of our clients. This transaction demonstrates BlackRock's continued focus on renewable power investments, which currently amount to US$5 billion of equity assets under management," said the head of BlackRock Renewable Power Americas and APAC. "We continue to see the U.S. an attractive market for wind assets where BlackRock have invested in more than 30 wind and solar projects."
Copyright © 2018 LCG Consulting. All rights reserved. Terms and Copyright
Generator X
Generation and Transmission Planning and Optimization
UPLAN-NPM
The Locational Marginal Price Model (LMP) Network Power Model
UPLAN-ACE
Day Ahead and Real Time Market Simulation
PowerMax
Day-ahead and real-time portfolio revenue optimization
UPLAN-G
The Gas Procurement and Competitive Analysis System
PLATO
Database of Plants, Loads, Assets, Transmission...
MarketWatch
Monthly summary of prices, congestion and important events in ERCOT
CAISO CRR Auctions
Monthly Price and Congestion Forecasting Service