Paul Addis, executive vice president for wholesale operations of American Electric power Co. Inc. has resigned. Chief executive E. Linn Draper Jr. said Addis' resignation was due to differences over how the company should be structured, but he declined to elaborate.Dennis V. Arriola has been appointed to the newly created position of vice president for investor relations by Sempra Energy Corp. Since 1998, he has served as regional president and general manager of South American operations for Sempra Energy International, which develops, operates and owns energy projects in international markets. David W. Biegler, vice chairman of TXU Corp., has announced that he will retire from the company at the end of this year. Biegler, who was elected vice chairman in May, was chairman, president and chief executive officer of Enserch Corp. when it merged with TXU and was president of TXU from 1993-1997 following the merger.Thomas V. Brooks has been named president of Constellation Power Source, the power marketing and risk management arm of Constellation Energy Group's merchant energy business. He succeeds Charles W. Shivery, who was promoted to co-president of Constellation Energy Group in a year ago. Prior to this appointment, Brooks was Constellation Energy Group's vice president ofbusiness development and strategy.Keith Butler has been appointed senior vice president and controller of Duke Energy Corp., replacing Sandra Meyer, who was appointed senior vice president of retail servicesfor Duke Power, a Duke Energy business unit, in May. Butler most recently was senior vice presidentand chief financial officer of Duke Energy North America.Vincent A. Calarco, president, chairman and chief executive of Crompton Corp., has been elected a director Consolidated Edison Inc. and of its subsidiary, Consolidated Edison Company of New York Inc.Jay M. Carpenter has been named managing director and chief executive of NRG Asia-Pacific Ltd., a unit of U.S. generation developer NRG Energy Inc. He will succeed Keith G. Hilless will will become non-executive chairman of the Pacific Rim company.Paul Geist, who is vice president for corporate development with Western Resources inc., has been named chief financial officer, filling a position that has been vacant for more than a year. Jim Martin served as CFO on an interim basis during that time. David Joos has been named president and chief operating officer of CMS Energy Inc., effective immediately. As president, he succeeds William McCormick Jr. who continues as chairman and chief executive officer. Joos was previously an executive vice president and chief operating officer, electric, in charge of CMS' electric utility, independent power, international distribution and marketing, services and trading business units.Kim Pizzingrilli, acting Secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, has been nominated to the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission. If confirmed by a majority of the state Senate, she would serve until next April 1. Pizzingrilli would replace Nora Mead Brownell, who resigned to become a commissioner with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.Thomas Shockley III, vice chairman of American Electric power Co. Inc. has been named chief operating officer. He was president and chief operating officer of Central and South West Corp. and joined AEP when the two companies merged last year.Robert K. Simmons has joined Panda Energy International Inc. as Senior Vice President with responsibility for strategic corporate development. He most recently was managing director in structural finance for Deutsche Banc Alex.Exelon Announces Promotions at Peco, ComEdExelon Corp.has announced three promotions at the senior executive level of Exelon Energy Delivery, the company's transmission and distribution subsidiary comprised of Philadelphia-based PECO Energy Co. and Chicago-based Commonwealth Edison Co.
DQE Announces Organizational ChangesMorgan K. O'Brien, newly elected president and chief executive of utility holding company DQE Inc., has announced senior executive appointments related to the company's "back-to-basics" strategy, which features a more concentrated focus on expanding opportunities related to its core utility operations.
- Pamela B. Strobel becomes vice chairwoman and chief executive officer of EED. She is currently president of EED and vice chair of ComEd. She also assumes the positions of chairman of Peco and ComEd.
- Kenneth G. Lawrence becomes president and chief operating officer of EED, in addition to his current role as president of Peco.
- Frank M. Clark Jr. becomes president of ComEd and senior vice president of EED. He is currently executive vice president of ComEd.
Copyright © 2006 LCG Consulting. All rights reserved.
- Victor A. Roque is now president of Duquesne Light Co. and executive vice president of DQE.
- Frank A. Hoffmann is now president of AquaSource Inc. and executive vice president of DQE.
- Alexis Tsaggaris is now executive vice president of DQE with responsibility for the company's unregulated businesses.
- William J. DeLeo has been named vice president for corporate compliance and corporate secretary of DQE.
- David High has been named vice president and general counsel of DQE.
- Mark S. Daday has been named president of DQE Systems.
- Philip J. Damiani has been named president of DQE Energy Services.
- Jack E. Saxer Jr., vice president for strategic compensation and financial services, will retire at the end of this year.